Pre-Accelerator Programme – Get it right from the start
Why a Pre-Accelerator Programme?
Any new business faces no end of challenges, with many steps to go through and plenty of questions to consider – for instance:
- How do you convert your vision into something people will want to buy?
- Exactly how large is the opportunity?
- Can you secure the finance you need to survive the early days?
…and so on. The programme will make sure you have answered them all before you fully launch your product.
What is the Pre-Accelerator Programme?
The programme is designed for anyone in the early stage of launching a new business.
Silicon South’s pre-accelerator programme has been designed to answer these as well as just about every other question you should consider in the early-stage of any business.
The 6 week programme is an intensive exercise to make sure you are as prepared as possible from the beginning. Led by experienced business people, this hands-on programme will ensure you have looked at your business from all angles – especially your future customers’.
The Accelerator Programme will help you consider:
- Creating clear vision and long-term objectives
- Business modelling and return on investment
- Market research and customer demands
- Building around identified needs
- Product specification
- Marketing strategies
- Running a business
- Keeping solvent or accessing investment
At the end of the programme you will have:
- A clearly defined business model
- Strong and evidenced knowledge of your customers’ demands and your product/market fit
- A specification and timeline for product and business development for the following year
- All the detail and knowledge you need to apply for: Next-stage funding; Public grants; An investment-based accelerator; a loan (public or private) or equity-based early-stage investment
Application and course requirements.
There are spaces for up to 10 companies to take part in this free programme. During the 6 weeks, you will be shown the theory behind the key elements of building a business; provided with examples of how to apply the theory; and helped to apply it to your own circumstances. There will be a lot packed into the 6 weeks and you will be expected to complete all the work which is assigned, as it will underpin the subsequent module given.
Please ensure you are able to commit to the programme for the whole duration, and are available for all the dates including interview and start date.