If you run a business - how useful would it be to talk to someone who’s done it all before?
Silicon South, in partnership with Dormen, is offering free, one-to-one mentoring - from successful digital entrepreneurs – all paid for with support from the European Regional Development Fund.
If your managing the health and growth of your company, it can be hard to know what the best options are in all sorts of areas:
- How to manage cashflow effectively
- How to find new customers or attract more business
- How much to invest in hiring or training new staff
- How to mitigate the risks of investing in your business
- How to feel fully confident in growing your business strategy
The mentoring programme is aimed at SMEs from 1-5 years old (potentially older) located in Dorset, Bournemouth or Poole and it runs over 6 months. There are two parts to the programme:
- Each month – a one-to-one session with an appropriate and relevant mentor, to talk through your business aims and challenges.
- x3 collaborative 2 hour workshops with the other mentees. These deliver:
- Preparation to ensure you extract the most from your mentors one-to-ones
- Group advice to gain insight from other entrepreneurs in similar positions to you
- Support to make sure the advice can be effectively turned into action plans that deliver positive gains
This mentoring programme will help you overcome the uncertainties many entrepreneurs experience trying to develop and grow their business. It can help deliver more certainty to develop a clear path for growing your business
How to apply
There are limited spaces available on the programme, so the applications will be assessed, and offers made, to those companies that we think we can offer the most effective help to - based on the mentors we have available, your current position and fitting in with the wider group. If you don’t make it on this round, we will be running future programmes and can also offer support in other ways.
If you would like to take part in the scheme, you will need to fill out the online form below by the 29th of September 2017.
Successful applicants will be invited to a meeting at the start of October where we can better understand your needs and what you would like to achieve from taking part, from which we can pair you with a suitable mentor.
Start date: October 2017
End Date: March 2018