Both Bournemouth University (BU) and Arts University Bournemouth (AUB) are considered industry leaders in creative and digital. They are a valuable pipeline of graduate talent, regularly producing Academy Award-winning animators, leading media specialists, computer programming professionals, marketing experts and true entrepreneurial spirit.
Most cities will boast about their relevant university links. But Silicon South’s universities are more than just talk.
- The Arts University Bournemouth, founded in 1885 and voted the UK’s #1 Top Creative University with an internationally renowned animation department. It is home to the largest UK film school outside of London
- Courses accredited by Creative Skillset
- BU’s Media School designated as the only Centre for Excellence in Media Practice(CEMP) in the UK by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE)
- 2011 Report published by NESTA (National Endowment for Science, Technology and Art) showed nearly 50% of graduates working in the film, visual effects or video games industries come from Bournemouth University.
- 98% of all graduates are in full time roles within six months of graduation