- This event has passed.
Things Connected Bournemouth: IoT Workshop 2
April 16 @ 2:45 pm - 5:30 pmFree
Things Connected is an initiative by Digital Catapult to support UK businesses using LPWAN technologies. It is a free network intended for the prototyping of new products and services that can benefit from the unique features of LPWAN.
Bournemouth now has complete LPWAN coverage using the Sigfox network. This event is primarily a technical, hands-on, workshop aimed at getting people connected to and using the recently deployed network.
This event will:
- Take you through the process of setting up an IOT device so that by the end of the workshop the device will be sending and receiving data.
- Explain how you can obtain free access to this network for non-commercial, prototyping and trial use.
- Provide you with the tools and skills required to get started using LPWAN and the Internet of things
- Update you on the Things connected programme and how to get involved in the free events and challenges we will be running throughout the year in the Bournemouth and Dorset area
- Tell you about Things Connected challenge owners; RNLI, Vivid Homes and Bournemouth Borough Council. These partner organisations have specific business challenges that may be solved by the application of the IoT.
Who should attend?
- Those interested in, or responsible for, the technical aspects of IoT within their company
- Start-ups focused on developing products and services using LPWAN or the internet of things.
- Those that have enough technical knowledge to write a “Hello World” program and have some familiarity with Arduino or Raspberry Pi
- Those wishing to get some hands-on experience with using the Sigfox Network
Note: For the Technical Session you will need to bring your own laptop computer. Those with Apple Mackintosh computers will need to have previously installed the CHG340 USB serial drivers on their machines.
More information https://www.thingsconnected.net/programmes/