- This event has passed.
You Are The Media on Tour – Merley House
12th July 2018 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pmFree
The You Are The Media Summer Tour is brought to you by support and generosity of Dorset Growth Hub and is completely free. This is a half day workshop to look at switching from making good marketing, to making marketing good.
WHAT ARE WE GOING TO LEARN?
With GDPR now with us, it puts even more emphasis on you being relevant so others want to stick with you. The biggest objective for businesses today is to have a loyal audience. The biggest problem with businesses today is sameness.
Here are some of the areas we will cover:
- Why you need to build an audience
- Having a voice that is truly yours
- Why you need to build spaces that you control
- Stealing audience from Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Why you are the media
WHAT IS YOU ARE THE MEDIA?
You Are The Media is a weekly email, sent every Thursday morning at 9am that encourages businesses to own the spaces that are theirs.
You Are The Media is also a podcast, a Lunch Club and also a conference. The summer tour allows us to take some time out, reflect, spend time together and look at our own businesses and where we sit today.
It is also important to make the You Are The Media project accessible to others within Dorset.
IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OR NOT A YOU ARE THE MEDIA COMMUNITY MEMBER
- If you are coming to the You Are The Media Conference:
- We will pick up on the key themes from the event
- You will already have a grounding and a head start on everyone else
- Use this as a way to keep the momentum going from the conference by investing in yourself and your business
- If you are not coming to the conference (but part of the You Are The Media community):
- this gives you a chance to look at topics raised in a more strategic way, that is away from the regular lunch clubs and emails
- From the weekly email, this gives a bit more direction in you becoming the media
- If you are not a member of the You Are The Media community and not coming to the conference (why not join here):
- this gives you a chance to meet people who are making their stand and learn together
- Let’s share with you that the way you may have been marketing your business these past few years is now probably a waste of time
The whole focus is to demonstrate the validity of an owned media approach. There are people and businesses standing up and making a change that are realistic and not in the realms of Red Bull, Coke etc. which are places with bottomless pits of money.
This is the definition of becoming the media:
A MEDIA COMPANY REPRESENTS THE ABILITY TO DELIVER A CONSISTENT MESSAGE TO A TARGETED AUDIENCE THROUGH A PREFERRED CHANNEL, IN ORDER TO INFORM, ENLIGHTEN AND ENTERTAIN.
WHY ALWAYS PAY FOR ATTENTION, WHEN PEOPLE CAN PAY YOU ATTENTION.
MAKE AN IMPRESSION, OVER AN IMPRESSION.
Look forward to seeing you on the tour. Let’s learn together.
This workshop is completely free and funded by the European Regional Development Fund. It’s delivered by Dorset Growth Hub and WSX Enterprise. It is only open to Dorset, UK registered SME’s and aspiring entrepreneurs within home addresses in Dorset, UK postcodes.
Only one place allowed per business. Please contact the Growth Hub if you wish to reserve a space for another organisation or person.
Please also note that some sectors are not eligible for support on this programme due to Central Government Legislation. These sectors include: *Fishery & Aquaculture, *Primary production, processing and marketing of agricultural products, *Coal, Steel and shipbuilding sectors,*Synthetic Fibres, *Generalised School Age Education, *Banking and Insurance Companies. (*please follow the link for full eligibility guidelines: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/15275/National_Eligiblity_Rules_V2.pdf)
Some Retail activities are also subject to ineligibility. Due to any ineligibility, we can only accept those who are eligible into our range of courses and workshops. If you require more information or are unsure if you are eligible for the support we offer, you can call us on 01202 607533 and a member of the Dorset Growth hub team will be happy to help