Applications For The 10th Degree Are Now Open!!
The 10th Degree
Ask the big business questions
– How do I scale my business?
– How do I get investment?
– Should I hire a new team member?
Business owners have to make tricky decisions on a daily basis, but how do you know what the right moves are or when advice is good advice?
For one day only, fully funded by the European Regional Development Fund, and hosted in The Hilton Hotel’s Sky Bar, we’re bringing together some of the wisest heads across the business world, from finance to social media, so you can pick their brains and take the juiciest bits home. These men and women have years of experience making exactly these decisions, so what are you waiting for? Don’t ask, don’t get!
Prior to the event we’ll match you up with five of them for 30 minute one-to-one slots based on your specific business needs. We can even help you to decipher the right questions to ask! On the day itself, you will have the chance to meet with the experts and get right to the heart of your biggest business challenges. We will also host a follow up event where we will support you to put all of this newly gathered information into a plan that takes your business to the next level.
Who is it for?
This one-day event is aimed at MDs who are running SMEs from across the creative sector in Dorset: Digital, Games, MedTech, EdTech, TV, Film, Design, Marketing etc.
The day is focused on supporting innovation. We want to invite people running companies that are keen to grow, especially through the creation of new products and services, but are facing difficulties in making it happen. You should have a good idea of what’s hindering your progress and have a strong desire to speak to experts who can help you gain the clarity needed to drive your business to the next stage.
With only 20 spaces for companies to participate (two people per company may attend).
Who will be there?
– Annie Talboys – Marketing consultant specialising in supporting digital agencies on a growth path. Annie has a wealth of expertise around agency positioning and developing marketing into new business processes. She has worked with a range of agencies over the past twelve years including technical, creative, media and emerging technologies both start-ups and established businesses.
– Mark Masters – Founder of You are the Media / The ID Group, Mark helps companies find the thing they stand for and create a regular narrative, to accumulate an audience who will buy and not move away from them.
– Clare Groombridge – Founder of South Coast Social – a results driven specialist social media agency for businesses that’s truly focused on growth and expansion, with an impeccable reputation for social media marketing service and innovation.
– David Ford – Co-founder of customer experience agency Bright Blue Day and BBD Perfect Storm. David also holds various NED positions alongside being an Angel Investor. It is his spookily instinctive understanding of how brands and consumers tick that sets him apart. He has a seemingly effortless ability to drive elegant yet practical solutions, traditional and digital and bring people together in high performing teams.
– Andrew Walker – Founder of Ikooloo as well as multiple other Saas companies. Andrew is a mentor for software start-ups and an all-round entrepreneur advisor.
– Katherine Baldwin – Journalist, storyteller and PR coach, Katherine helps businesses identify the most newsworthy aspect of their brand and write compelling copy so that they get noticed by the media and the market
– Verity Sheeran – Operations Manager at Ratio, Verity has a varied background from recruitment to music, managing an international recording artist, Paloma Faith. Now Head of Operations for a software start up (a great amalgamation of all her experience to date), helping the team to do some serious ‘damage’ in the space they play in.
– Charlie Weaver – Managing Director at BizDev South, an organisation that was founded with a single mission; to help small & medium sized businesses grow and reach their full potential. Charlie has worked with companies across a number of different verticals, ranging from larger Blue Chip organisations to smaller start ups, both implementing and executing effective strategies/campaigns to ensure business growth.
– Debbie Cohen – Founder and Managing Director of Streetwise HR Ltd which has celebrated its 6th birthday this year. Debbie has over twenty years’ experience in Human Resources and works alongside business owners and entrepreneurs helping them to change and grow their businesses.
– Sarah Caseley-Austin – Financial Controller at Greenwood Campbell, Sarah looks after the finances at this growing local agency.
How does it work?
- Companies wishing to attend requested to submit a short overview of their aims and objectives through Eventbrite
- There is space for 20 companies and we will match your aims against the range of expertise we have available
- We will allocate your one-to-one sessions, with the five business experts most appropriate to respond to your particular needs
- There will be a maximum of five one-to-one sessions per company, however a maximum of two people per company are permitted to attend
- Slots will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis
Alongside the one-to-one sessions, there will also be
- An opportunity to interact with other participants and discuss the advice and knowledge gained throughout the day
- A business consultant on hand, to expand on or clarify points raised during one-to-one sessions
- Post-event food and drinks
The event is fully funded by the European Regional Development Fund, and would usually cost £500 per company. We therefore ask that you bear this in mind and make sure you commit to the date fully.