Global Business Innovation Programme with India – Creative Media Sector
Innovate UK is organising a Global Business Innovation Programme with India for the creative and media sectors to showcase the best of British creativity.
This fully-funded programme, consisting of a preparation phase in the UK, a 5-day visit to India and subsequent follow-up support, will help your business develop relationships with partners in the region, allowing you to gain a foothold in a market set for explosive growth.
There are several reasons to chose to enter the Indian market:
- English is widely spoken
- a common legal and administrative history
- rising personal incomes creating a new middle class consumer market
- fast-growing economy with one of the world’s largest youth populations
The rapid expansion of the availability of 4G data, given away at zero cost to the consumer, and the introduction of a lower cost smartphone has been a significant driver of disruptive activity in the Indian marketplace in the last 18 months. Forecasts estimate the Indian smartphone market will reach over 500 million consumers by 2020.
For UK creative businesses, the disruptive impact of 500 million 4G-enabled mobiles represents a huge new market, in particular in the gaming, e-commerce, digital marketing, film/TV content distribution and immersive technologies (especially AR) sectors.
What are the benefits of attending?
- Get a better understanding of the challenges and opportunities in doing business in India
- Find potential partners and investors
- Discover fresh ideas from international thought leaders
- Boost your profile in the UK and overseas
- Grow your business
- Improve your company pitches for international partners and investors
Who should attend?
UK registered, small and medium-sized enterprises operating in the creative media sector.
£400 deposit (incl. VAT), fully refundable to participating delegates. Please note non-attendance after formal acceptance may result in forfeiting all or part of this deposit. No deposit is required at the time of your application. You will be sent a link to pay your deposit in order to confirm your place once you have been formally accepted on the programme.
Applications will be considered in two phases:
- Phase 1: Online applications to assess eligibility and suitability.
- Phase 2: Shortlisted companies will be reviewed by a panel who will select the final delegation for the programme
Dates for pre and post-visit sessions are being finalised and will be confirmed in February 2019.
- Thursday 7th February – Application deadline.
- W/C 18th February 2019– Final delegates selected by panel and advised.
Please fill in your application for this event here.
Please note: registering on the Eventbrite page does not automatically secure a place but only act to express interest in attending this event.
Applications will be reviewed in two stages as outlined above and all applicants will be notified of the outcome by Friday 22nd February.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we will be unable to provide individual feedback.
Application deadline: Thursday 7th February.