Job Opportunity – Programme Manager – 7 month contract with opportunity to extend
Programme Manager – 7 month contract with opportunity to extend
Start date: November 2018
Salary £28,000 – £32,000, full time
Silicon South is a not-for-profit company that supports the growth of the creative and digital economy in Dorset. We develop ambitious projects which deliver business advice, funding, insights, and lobbying – to businesses, startups, employees, students and regional stakeholders.
In 2017, Silicon South secured EU funding to deliver a 2½ year programme that offers a variety of support for creative businesses. This supports a wide range of companies to improve their business and innovation strategies; marketing; PR; social media; sales and product development. The project has now been running for almost two years, and we are looking for someone to take charge whilst our current Project Manager is on Maternity Leave.
Although this contract will be for 7 months, there will be the opportunity to continue the contract for the right candidate.
Support will be delivered through a programme of workshops; grants and seed investments; mentoring activities and on-going masterclasses.
We are looking for a Project Manager to take forward and conclude this exciting programme.
This role reports to the Silicon South (and programme) Director, who you will work closely with. Working in collaboration with the Programme Director you will help to:
- Define the content of the programmes;
- Develop structures which support the delivery of the projects;
- Reach out to the local digital sector to generate interest, engagement and support;
- Approach and appoint relevant experts to deliver areas of programme content;
- Oversee the communication and marketing of the programme
- Develop processes that monitor the engagement and subsequent growth of companies
- Implement a robust metric measurement process, which meets EU standards
- Manage accurate budgeting and cost reports for all activity
- Set milestones and oversee the timely delivery of all activity
- Ensure the delivery of quarterly claims – to trigger client payments
- Provide strategic thinking to help further the aims of the projects
The ideal candidate will have experience, knowledge or abilities that include:
- The digital and creative industry – especially Key figures and companies, in Dorset – and/or the ability to quickly identify and build relationships with relevant organisations
- Working knowledge of SMEs, their concerns and barriers to growth
- Running projects and budgets of >£500k – with ability to support budget preparation and data collection
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with ability to think strategically and take initiative.
- Understanding and practical experience in developing and delivering training workshops and facilitated events.
- Ability to write clear, concise reports in a timely manner
- IT skills to include Outlook, Word and Excel to communicate and maintain accurate records of activities undertaken and outcomes for reporting purposes to funders.
- Experience of EU or other public sector funding would be an advantage
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you.