Opportunity to pitch! Build SiSo’s new searchable website
Silicon South (SiSo) was established 5 years ago, with support from a number of public organisations. More recently it has delivered publicly funded activities and projects. As we push forward, we want to ensure that we continue to be driven by the needs of the creative, digital and tech sector, as much as the public agenda. This means developing tools which can support the sector, and allows businesses to increasingly influence what services we provide.
We would like to build an online searchable database, which can be self-populated by businesses across Dorset, and has the ability to provide feeds of data to different interfaces – to provide real time information.
The overall concept is to provide a map of the creative, digital and tech sector, in Dorset. We want to provide a simple mechanism for companies to register their details, list their areas of specialism and to display the results on a map to show the breadth of the sector.
We also want to introduce a payment mechanism to:
- Enable companies to support the work Silicon South is providing
- Allow companies to access additional services
There will be a number of extra services provided, but for the purposes of this brief we are concentrating on just two:
- A jobs board – to post new jobs – accessible to everyone interested in working the sector in Dorset
- A search tool for prospect clients to find companies who can deliver the services they are seeking
This is an overview of the core content and functionality we would like to provide:
- The ability for companies to register, log in, input their details and edit in the future
- A search function, based on filterable fields from the database, which displays the registered companies
- The search results to link to profile pages of each company – with links to their own websites and contact details etc.
- A searchable interactive map, which displays the registered companies, based on their postcode. This map can also be filtered to refine results
- The ability for registered companies to add jobs to a jobs board – and edit their inputs
- The creation of a searchable jobs listings page, with links to individual jobs pages
- The inclusion of a payment mechanism
- The assignment of different permissions depending on whether a company has made a payment or not
- All of this work must be well designed and fit (or improve on) the existing SiSo branding on siliconsouth.org.uk
The database must be able to support the inputting of new entries by the companies themselves – who will be able to register and create their own profile pages. These must be protected, editable (including future edits) and able to be deleted. The management of all data must be GDPR compliant. The Silicon South administrator must also have access to edit or delete data and pages.
SiSo is a small not-for profit and we have a limited budget. We are not looking to reinvent the wheel, and we realise that the functionality listed above already exists in sites and/or CMS which have been previously created. This project needs to fit in with the existing Silicon South Website, which is developed in WordPress; however, the new functionality does not have to be in WordPress necessarily. The design and the navigation must seamlessly integrate with it though – so, from a visual point of view, it all seems to be located in the same place.
We are happy for the brief to be tweaked if that enables the work to be moulded into pre-existing templates and/or database. We are looking to strike a balance between recycling and usability, practicality and attractiveness.
We are keen to push forward with this work and would like to launch as soon as is realistic in the new year. As such, we are looking to work with a company who has the capacity to start on this project quickly and has the bandwidth to fit this work in amongst other commitments, as well as respond to the brief in good time. Ideally, we would like to award the contract before Christmas.
We would like to open this opportunity up, but do not want to take up more of your time than is absolutely necessary. We are, therefore, asking for interested companies, to respond with an expression of interest (EoI) below (which is very light touch), from which we will invite a small number to submit a full proposal.
Deadline for expression of interest: Tuesday 11th December 2018, 11.59pm